8 Challenge, Update #3
We are now 21 days into the 8 Challenge!
1) This truly has been a challenge for me, but doable! It’s confidence-building to see that I *can* do a challenge like this.
2) My perspective has been shifting more and more toward gratitude these days. For some, limited clothing is a reality 365 days of the year – I have the luxury of having a closet with more clothes and the luxury of spending time thinking about clothing.
3) I’ve had some great conversations with people at work, church, school, and home about the challenge – it’s fun to hear others’ thoughts!
4) Store sales are happening in full force this time of year. Since I’m not buying clothing this month, I’ve saved money by not buying clothing impulsively. I don’t think I’ll go back to impulsive clothes shopping again. I’m feel more committed to living in simplicity.
5) Thank goodness for the variety of scarves that I own (most of them were gifts – and I’m starting to see what great gifts they are!)!
6) Posting my daily outfits on facebook has helped keep me on track with this challenge (at the risk of boring/annoying my facebook friends!).
1) Though the volume of laundry is small, I’m washing my clothes more frequently and I really need to stay on top of it or I won’t have anything to wear!
2) I’m starting to feel really uninspired and really bored with my 8 items of clothing. I CAN’T WAIT to wear something new! I miss the color red! Purple! 🙂
3) The quality of my clothes to begin with wasn’t that great, so they are really starting to pill up, fade, and stretch out of shape. (But, they’ve served me well! 🙂 )
4) I thought this challenge would just be a “background” sort of thing, but I’ve found that it’s occupying a lot of my mind space. I suppose I’m not totally sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but I am a bit tired of thinking about clothes! 🙂
I know that several others are doing this challenge (or similar challenges)… how is it going for you?