We’re two weeks into the 8 Challenge! Of course, I’m a bundle of mixed emotions about it…
1) I’m still loving the forced simplicity.
2) I love not digging through clothes to find something to wear.
3) I have been surprised at my creativity in putting outfits together with just 8 items and some accessories! Each outfit feels special to me.
4) Packing for a quick trip to see my parents earlier this month was easy – it made me smile as I packed my simple wardrobe. My usual stressed-out packing was completely stress-free! 🙂
5) It’s a delight to do this challenge with Randi. We have been exchanging emails with funny stories, insights and lessons. She has helped me stick to it!
6) It’s been good for me to purposefully not buy clothing – I didn’t realize how impulsive my clothing purchases tend to be.
1) I can’t wait to wear something different! 🙂
2) I am really missing variety and color.
3) I’m afraid that this experiment is going to be the end of these 8 clothing items because I’m wearing them so much – and most of them were items that I purchases used.
4) I’m accident prone and tend to spill food and coffee on myself (and I’m often covered in cat hair)… so, keeping my clothes tidy is a challenge. In the past, I would just quickly change clothes after spilling coffee/soup/sloppy joes on myself, but now I don’t really have that as a sustainable option. Spot cleaning works, but I find that I’m sometimes a little stressed about trying to keep clean.
Here’s a little email pep talk that Randi sent to me the other day after I expressed that I was starting to feel a little bored with my 8 clothing items…
Here’s the upside. It’s not our clothes that makes us who we are. It’s us. Let us shine up those “boring” outfits with a smile and an extra bounce in our steps. We don’t have to spend precious time thinking of what to wear, finding it and putting it back. My bedroom is no longer having my clothes sitting around. Nope, every evening it either goes on the one empty hanger or in the laundry. I don’t have to fight with an overfilled closet. Still appreciating the simplicity. We can do this, almost half way there 🙂 Randi
See? Isn’t she great? So thankful to be doing this challenge with a friend! How about you? Are you joining us? What’s your good/bad list about this 8 Challenge?
(BTW – I’ve been posting my outfits each day on my Facebook page. Check it out if you’re interested. I created a photo album there called 8 Challenge with all of the outfits.)